Looks like a great improvement for users, thanks Jacopo!

Jacques

Le 14/07/2014 10:27, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
To all the committers.

I have recently updated some of the information in Jira to make a better use of
this tool: over time this should have a positive impact in the information we
will gather and distribute for releases and it will simplify release scheduling.
In order to capture the proper information in Jira when a ticket is resolved or a patch
is committed we need to properly set the "Fix Version/s" field; so please read
the following notes that describe the new guidelines:

* specify in the "Fix Version/s" the codebase(s) to which you have committed the patch/fix; you can select from the
dropdown one or more of the items under the "Unreleased Versions" group in the top part of the drop down box; you
should never use one of the items in the "Released Versions" section (bottom part); if the fix/patch is submitted to
"Trunk" then select "Upcoming Branch"; if you are backporting/committing to a release branch then select the
latest (next) release version in that branch available in the dropdown.

For example at the moment the *valid* items for the "Fix Version/s" field are:
* 11.04.05 (for commits to the branch named release11.04)
* 12.04.04 (for commits to the branch named release12.04)
* 13.07.01 (for commits to the branch named release13.07)
* Upcoming Branch (for commits to trunk)

When we will create the new branch (e.g. 14.08) we will rename "Upcoming Branch" to
"14.08.01" and we will create a new Jira version with the name "Upcoming Branch". In this
way each future release will have a complete list of tickets associated to it i.e. the changelog.
After some time the following Jira reports will contain very useful information:
* Road Map (what is expected in upcoming releases):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel
* Change Log (what is available in released packages available from the
Download page):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:changelog-panel

Thanks!