Le 15/09/2014 02:29, Scott Gray a écrit :
If you want an example of its handy use, here is one. I want to monitor what's
happening in the trunk demo. Because it's a an efficient mean, beside tests and
reviews, to early spot new introduced errors.
Of course I can got there and run zgrep, but it's much easier to simply monitor
an error.log file. The same apply in custom project.
Could you please explain how it is easier?  There are a lot of errors (I would
say the majority) where the single log line doesn't give you anywhere near
enough information to find out the source and cause.  For those you ultimately
always have to go to the ofbiz.log file to understand the context of the error.

To early discriminate if it's an important (or very important) error/s that should be addressed ASAP. In other words to define priorities, notably when in development step with a team.

Thanks for asking

Jacques

Regards
Scott