I have tested in my local box the setting

port.https.enabled=N

but I was not able to recreate any issue.

Are we using a certificate for the demo? Could you please try to disable the
two entries:

<property name="sslImplementationName"
value="org.ofbiz.catalina.container.SSLImpl"/>

from framework/catalina/ofbiz-component.xml

?

Thanks,

Jacopo