Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the UI*Labels.xml files in the
configuration are becoming more cumbersome to manage and that it takes more
and more time to process in OFBiz with each commit iteration.

Currently all translations in each individual component is handled through
distinct files for UI, errors and entities. And some are growing quite
large, e.g. the Ui*Labels.xml file in the PRODUCT components is already
over 30k lines.

Should we not rethink our strategy how localization is handled? E.g. have a
file fore the en_x derivate as the basis for all other translations and for
each language variant a separate file?

We could even consider the https://translate.apache.org/ solution to use as
the tool to do maintenance and management of the translations.

What do you think?

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-