Whether or not this community should opt for just one language pack in
releases should be decided by the entire community. Let's discuss that in
the user mailing list.

But consensus on that subject will be expedited when we can ensure that
users (and even release managers with respect to multiple language packs in
releases) can get/integrate additional language packs in the easiest way
possible.

Is externalizing translation maintenance to e.g. translate.apache.org and
incorporating the generated translation packs/files through ant/gradle
targets technical feasible given the difference in xml format? Including
getting the files from that repository? Having as much automation in this
process is best for all...

When we are not certain of this, we might conduct an experiment  Don't you
agree?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*