+1 database technology changes but business level constraints are permanent (most of the time) and are usually tied to the real world not technology.

On 27/11/2014 10:10 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
hmmm... in a complex system like OFBiz there are so many configuration
constraints (even spanning data on different tables) that we will always need
to enforce them at the business layer: I don't see a big value in adding this
constraint at the db layer.
We should instead, in my opinion, implement this constraint in the services
that are responsible for the creation and update of the information in the
ProductStore

Jacopo

On Nov 27, 2014, at 3:38 PM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>