Hi All

Based on feedback from ApacheCon in Budapest and also some previous
discussions held on the mailing lists I’ve put together some draft documents
that I’d like to use for a discussion:

*Project Vision and Direction*

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Project+Vision+and+Direction
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Project+Vision+and+Direction>

This goal of this document is to ensure that the project’s vision,
objectives and vision are clear. It should describe where we want the
project to go and highlight the key workstreams that we want to focus on as
a project. (Note - I’ve included 8 potential workstreams so would like some
feedback on these)

*Project Roadmap *

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Roadmaps
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Roadmaps>

The goal of this document is to give a more detailed view of the potential
workstreams. It also highlights the main high level tasks that we are
looking at in each area. (Once again this is just based on where I see some
of the proposals raised from Budapest so feedback welcome especially on what
could be covered in the technical areas)

*Individual Workstream Roadmap *

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+OFBiz+Core+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+OFBiz+Core+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Framework+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Framework+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Special+Purpose+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Special+Purpose+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Applications+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Applications+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Documentation+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Documentation+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Release+Management+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Release+Management+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Marketing+and+Communication+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Marketing+and+Communication+Roadmap>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+General+Maintenance+and+Housekeeping
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+General+Maintenance+and+Housekeeping>

The goal of this document is to gather support and community commitment and
involvement to a particular workstream. I’ve tried to identify a list of
roles that could be needed to move a workstream forward.  This could be then
communicated to the community so that they could see which areas need help
and what skills or tasks are required. (I need some help filling out these
details a bit more from a technical side)

Anyway please take a look at these draft documents and let me have your
comments and feedback.

Thanks
Sharan