Le 20/12/2014 13:02, Pierre Smits a écrit :
Next year release branch 14 can also be created as it follows release
branch 13. This policy of having the branch number (and subsequent major
release number) *always* match the last two digits of the year it is
created in - and thus avoidance of gaps, is limiting us.

Nothing prevent us to not create a relase branch in 2014 and only create on in
2015 when ready.
Actually, due to Adrian's and my request, I believe we should rather go that way

If we create a new branch now in order to meet adherence to that policy, it
means that we are going to exclude the 60 patches available on the JIRA
issues marked as improvement in the upcoming release. Are we sure this is
what we want?

This is as well a good argument to delay the branch creation, even if we can expect to have all patches reviewed each time we need to create a branch... but 60... !

Creating branches should meet a higher project purpose than just such a
policy.

As I said above you invented this policy, we are free to skip a year

Jacques

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-