Yes a quick search : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2889777/difference-between-hashmap-linkedhashmap-and-treemap

After I'm not understand exaclty the best way to use each :)

Nicolas

Le 28/03/2015 12:46, Adrian Crum a écrit :
The reason different implementations are used is because the requirements are different. A HashMap is not always the correct Map implementation to use.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 3/28/2015 11:28 AM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Would you not find it useful especially for those not experienced in data structures and algorithms not to worry about picking the right implementation for a list, map, set, tree or any other data structure by defaulting to what the factory would yield? Furthermore, let's say you dislike the HashMap that everyone is using and would prefer a different implementation. Would it not be a lot faster to change that in one place instead of the thousands upon thousands of sprinkled new instantiations?

I am suggesting a factory just to have sanity and consistency. In fact, when looking at the source code I see people using different implementations of the interfaces in different places!

Taher Alkhateeb

----- Original Message -----

From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, 28 March, 2015 1:40:31 PM
Subject: Re: Proposal to introduce factory pattern to java collections

Personally, I am opposed to making simple things like this overly
complicated. It is unlikely the Java collections API will change enough
to warrant a factory for every collection type.

Javolution was used in Java 1.4 to reduce the latency caused by garbage
collection. That is not a problem with JREs >= 1.5, so we don't need the
library any more.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com