+1 for being too early.
-1 for going ahead as a project
+1 for a PoC and impact analysis

Ron

On 26/04/2015 6:46 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:
First of all, a big thanks to Adrian for taking this step, this RtV
(Request to Vote) to get clarity from the community. A lot has been said
over the last week regarding adopting a new architecture for a future
release.

When discussions, like fire, die down it is good to find out where the
community stands. And it seems that a saturation point was reached, as the
last posting before Adam started to test the water of consensus was already
6 days ago.

It seems that we are facing a chicken-and-egg situation here, as we can't
vote on the new direction without knowing the impact of such path. And we
can't establish insights about the impact without having tested the water
and report about it.

A PoC is a means to gain the insights. Based on the output of such an
action, the community can reach a well-founded decision. But a PoC is not
the only means to establish the insight. An in-dept comparative study  of
the two solutions (architecture, et all) might lead to such insights too.
And a PoC can be done everywhere, even outside the OFBiz repository.

The result of the impact analysis (whether from PoC or comparative study)
could be recorded as JIRA issues. And all the registered JIRA issues
together will be the starting point of a dev branch when the community
votes for the adoption of a new architecture or not (based on those issues
and other information).

On the basis of current (high level) information regarding the impact, I
say it is to early to vote for a migration.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-