On 04/27/2015 09:40 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
You can already compile components separately by using the specific build files

Yeah, I know, and it's a pain in my side. I actually like being able to *compile* each component separately, by changing to that folder, and running ant. I haven't yet been able to get maven to make that possible.

What I think Ron meant, is that it'd be nice to be able to checkout out *just* one component, and have all it's dependants(jars/other-components) downloaded automatically. Then, work can be done on *just* this component, in isolation. For this, maven works great.

ps: Note Ron's phrase of "breaking the project up".

pps: But, even then, other projects have multiple released artifacts per checkout, so maybe all of framework is one repo, and each application/specialpurpose/hot-deploy component becomes separate.

Jacques