Hello everyone,

Okay, so it seems there is consensus on going ahead with Java 8. I tried
testing this patch which I believe upgrades OFBiz to JDK 8.

Running "./ant clean-all build load-demo run-tests" delivers a failure in
"testConvertOperatorSubstitutions" (base tests). The error message is shown
below . So the line giving the error is exactly this one in
org.ofbiz.base.util.test.StringUtilTests

assertEquals("all converions", "one && two || three > four >= five < six <=
seven", StringUtil.convertOperatorSubstitutions("one @and two @or three @gt
four @gteq five @lt six @lteq seven"));

This is weird. I checked JDK 7 and JDK 8 implementations and I think they are
identical in the matcher API. Yet when switching to JDK 8 the matcher evaluates
on "@gt" of the "@qteq " pattern and so you end up with ">eq" instead of ">= "
. This is without even applying the above patch.

I hope I am not running on a wild goose chase and ignoring something simple or
silly? Any Ideas?

==== error log start ====
all converions expected:<...wo || three > four >[=] five < six <= seven> but
was:<...wo || three > four >[eq] five < six <= seven>

junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: all converions expected:<...wo || three >
four >[=] five < six <= seven> but was:<...wo || three > four >[eq] five < six
<= seven>
at
org.ofbiz.base.test.GenericTestCaseBase.assertEquals(GenericTestCaseBase.java:313)

at
org.ofbiz.base.util.test.StringUtilTests.testConvertOperatorSubstitutions(StringUtilTests.java:269)

at org.ofbiz.testtools.TestRunContainer.start(TestRunContainer.java:146)
at org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.start(ContainerLoader.java:237)
at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.startStartLoaders(Start.java:408)
at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.start(Start.java:434)
at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:135)
==== error log end ====

Taher Alkhateeb