I tend to agree. Actually there are 2 points,
1) use Java 8 to compile
2) use new Java 8 features

We can already do 1, but we should maybe wait the next freezed branch to do 2. That should be discussed but does not prevent 1. Of course any commit with 2 will be rejected as long as an agreement on 2 will not be reached

Jacques