Jacques said:

> So you think Docbook (more aimed to create book when DITA is more of
> online help
> kind, I read) or AsciiDoc are not able to OOTB deliver in this way?

I don't think that at all. I have used AsciiDoc as a starting point to
create training material, and produced both print-ready PDF and HTML
complete with colour-coded code examples.

Fundamentally, if we have logical markup to start with, we can produce
whatever output we want. At that fundamental level, whether it's DocBook or
DITA is not important. What's important is logical markup, so everything has
a known purpose. If we know what any portion of the document is for, we can
make good decisions about what to do when we produce output.

I will be interested if anyone does create a DITA proof of concept. There is
a DocBook to DITA transformation XSLT stylesheet:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dita-ot/files/Plug-in_%20dockbook2dita/docbook2dita%201.0/dbdita.zip/download,
so whoever is working on the POC could try it out to convert some of our
existing DocBook.

Cheers

Paul

-----
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/