https://github.com/adaptlearning/documentation/blob/master/01_cross_workstream/style_guide.md
is a guide for coding of Adapt - Open Source course delivery tool .

I am not sure that I agree with all of the rules.
Some are much better than the ones that I would choose but perhaps I am just too lazy to do the extra work to make my code easier to read.

They seem to think that computers have more time to parse code than people do to ponder obscurity and seem to feel that the addition of extra lines of code to make the code clearer is worth the extra 1/1000 of a nanosecond that it costs. "Use descriptive conditions" is an example of a frivolous waste of valuable computer time just to save people having to think. "Meaningful aliases" is another example of adding a line of code just to make the code easier for humans.

If you are not offended by the waste of computer resources at compile time, you might consider adapting some of these rules to OFBiz java.

I am not sure that they their "Don't use setters" instructions will help the DI or IoC crowd but they are JavaScript devotees who apparently do not follow the Spring model.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President