From: "Sharan-F" <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, 14 October, 2015 11:27:19 PM
Subject: Re: Why A Framework Rewrite Is Necessary

Hi Adrian

Thanks for bringing the framework topic up again as I've seen quite a few
disucussions about it but nothing has gained enough momentum to do anything
about it.

At Apachecon it was one of the main subjects that I wanted to raise because
it sounded like an " elephant in the room " topic (i;e ; something so big
and obvious that no one wants to look at). In the end we concluded to do
something on it even something small just to get some work started on it;

I'm not a technical person so a lot of what you describe is a bit over my
head but thanks for including some good examples that at least give me a
feel for what the problem is ;

I think that some of the previous discussions have got caught up in defining
the solution before we'd agreed to fix the problem ; First we need to
acknowledge that we have a problem and second we need find out how many
people are willing to help fix it ;

I know that we have people in the community that are really motivated to do
work to help work on the framework ; and I think all that's missing (if we
decide to go ahead) will be planning and organisation ; (we plan what we
want to do and then break it down into tasks that people can pick up and
do) :

Personally I think you have made a really compelling and important case and
I think we do have a really important problem that needs work and community
support. I would be happy to support it in whatever capacity I can;

Adrian - if the community does come out in support of a framework rewrite
;would you would be willing to help oversee it ? (as I think your input and
experience would be invaluable)

Thanks
Sharan