Hi all,

I am in total agreement about the problems.

I am hesitant about the solution.

OFBiz is not perfect, we all know that. A rewrite will not be perfect
either.

A major rewrite will distract attention from OFBiz, which currently works.
Shipping is a feature. Joel Spolsky had a good discussion of these issues
here: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html .

Can we refactor what we have, putting a priority on having a working system
at all times?

If a major rewrite is being done on a separate branch, how can we ensure it
will be straightforward to convert existing OFBiz implementations to the
new system?

Why would anyone adopt OFBiz if we're saying "the current version has
significant flaws, but all our best developers are busy working on a major
rewrite which might produce some results in a year or two"?

Thanks

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd