I made another proposition earlier but not too long ago
http://markmail.org/message/ypmrbqkb7y2gh4f5

But it seems nobody was interested :/ (OK, the thread referenced in the
reference above is really long to read :D, but the message is not)

I wonder why. It seems ideal to me: we don't release code we don't want in releases, but we can still propose it to our users in a reliable way and it's maintained.
With Nicolas's proposition I fear the maintenance part could be overlooked as
Taher mentionned.

On the other hand I'd not be against moving more components to Attic if they
deserve it...
Contrary to POS or projectmgr, I don't remember users asking for google and
ebay components missing in R13...
Also what about Oagis, who really care (there are some entries in wiki but old
and not maintained)?

I don't remember if I made this proposition already: rather than moving those components to Attic (ie remove but still have at a revision in repo) we could keep them in an attic sub-folder under specialpurpose before really removing them. And generally we could use sub-folders to better organise things. Like putting google and ebay components under ecomComplements rather than in an attic folder, projectmgr and scrumm could be alsogrouped ,solr and lucene too, example and exampleext, ldap and passport, etc.

Jacques