Interesting answer from infra, not sure we want to manage that...

Jacques

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet :         Re: Managing Emeritus Committers
Date :  Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:40:10 +0200
De :    Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Pour :  John Burwell <me...@cockamamy.net>, infrastruct...@apache.org

On 04/20/2016 12:37 PM, John Burwell wrote:
All,

I apologize in advance if I am asking this question in the wrong place.
The CloudStack project is discussing allowing an "emeritus" status for
committers [1].  From a mechanical perspective, does infra have a
recommended way of managing emeritus status in LDAP?

Thank you for your help,
-John

[1]:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201604.mbox/%3CC10BA166-00CF-4D31-ACC8-FFD42CE2605A%40shapeblue.com%3E

commit bits are...binary bits, they can be 1 or they can be 0. We don't
operate with trinary bits here, sorry.

If you want to have emeritus committers, your best bet is to remove them
from the ldap group and keep a log in your pmc dir of their names.

With regards,
Daniel.