Hi Jacques and all,

Michael makes a good point. It is not a very good practice to have user
input in build scripts.

Now, it is easy to create such tasks, and you can even make the input from
a full GUI application if you want to using swing. But the time and effort
to put into these tasks is not worth it for multiple reasons:

1- You cannot automate it
2- The command prompt would have some issues because the gradle status bar
(at the bottom with progress %) might obscure it
3- It is harder to test
4- It blocks! now remember Gradle is a multi-process system. It can execute
tasks in parallel increasing efficiency and throughput. What happens if you
mix commands together? This complicates matters
5- Many other tasks require flags which did not have user input. Take for
example the data loading tasks and the integration testing tasks.

If someone is sophisticated enough to create a new component or a new
tenant in the system I doubt they would need THAT much hand-holding.
Furthermore, everything is thoroughly documented in README.md that it would
take less than a few seconds to copy paste the command and change the flags
to your liking.

Regards,

Taher Alkhateeb