Hi Gil,

Thank you for sharing past experiences. It seems we are tackling something
that was attempted multiple times before. I am a bit optimistic though
because having the plugin system integrated into the build system is a
different approach that solves multiple problems I think.

I would like to note that I think it is okay to use the same plugin system
even for proprietary customer solutions. In fact I think customers would
understand it more easily than the concept of hot-deploy. Even if the
solution is for one customer and not intended to be shared you can still
have a sensible command like ./gradlew installPlugin
-PpluginName=customerPlugin -Prepository=localFileSystem.

Having one solution instead of two solutions I think would unify efforts
and thinking processes and terminology used. We have only one way of
extending OFBiz which is called plugins, and any changes we do happen in
this unified architecture.

So ... food for thought.

Taher Alkhateeb