On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>

> In my viewpoint, this project should not limit the flexibility of the
> product (for any - potential - adopter) just to cater to the viewpoint of a
> (few) contributor(s).

It is always difficult to foresee the impact of such decisions and for
every feature/solution some decisions that influence its flexibility vs
complexity vs usability vs configurability vs customizability are
"hardcoded" in the implementation.
As a general rule of thumb, when in doubt or when there are different
opinions, I would recommend to implement a neat and simple solution, even
if it may not cover all the possible use cases; community feedback will
then help to identify, among all the features asked by the adopters, the
most popular ones that will be the candidate for inspiring enhancements and
refinement of the core functionality.