Hi Rupert, Jacques, all,

if I search Google for it, I find many different opinions. For example, here is a viarant from the Git documentation http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches;h=ece3c77482b3ff006b973f1ed90b708e26556862;hb=HEAD

"the body should provide a meaningful commit message, which:
- uses the imperative, present tense: "change", not "changed" or "changes"."

All in all, we simply want to achieve something UNIFIED and Jacques is still the only one objecting to use the proposed format. Noone else did.

But if we can't agree on past/present or whatever tense, I have a different proposal which might be acceptable by all and end this stupid discussion:

What if we state what this issue is or covers: a Bug, an Improvement, a Documentation etc.?

The template then would look like:

===

[Implementation|Improvement|Bug|Task|Documentation|Revert]: [Jira title|Free
text]
[(OFBIZ-xxxx)]

[More detailed explanation of what has been done and what the fix achieves,
sideeffects etc.]

[Thanks:] [xxxx for ... and yyyy for]

===

I would be happy to change to this format if we can all agree to use the same without exceptions.

I really wish to end this and appreciate your benevolent consideration.

Thanks,

Michael