Hi Jacques

I'm helping out at Apachecon in Seville so havent had much time to follow the mailing lists. I've included some responses below:

I cross posted this for several reasons.

 *

   This is an informational message and not a discussion thread

 *

   All the changes done by these teams benefit our users so it made
   sense to me to let our users take a look at what has been done and
   be able to vote for or rate teams that have implemented the features
   they like

 *

   Developer based questions are sometimes raised on our user list
   instead of our dev list, meaning that some of our technical
   community prefer using our user list rather than the dev one, so the
   message would reach them too

I disagree that giving an opinion or rating to the teams is clearly technical. Each of the teams have prepared a report summarising what they have done. Everyone is free to rate the teams based on their own criteria. If you want to rate them based on their coding techniques then you are free to do that and if someone else wants to rate them based on the features they have implemented then in my view that is also perfectly acceptable. This is an award where the OFBiz community choose, so why limit that to only developers when the work being done affects our user base too.

Remember that this OFBiz Premier League initiative was open to anyone from the OFBiz community – so anyone could have formed a team and become involved. It just so happened that no-one else did.

Also as I'd put together all the community surveys and had access to the tool, I was asked if I could create one to rate the teams, so it also made sense to for me send out the communications as well as the survey links. (So in response to your question No – I am not working for Hotwax)

I think that we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that everyone in the teams did these contributions in their own free time as individuals who wanted to contribute to OFBiz and not as paid Hotwax employees. If this was a paid effort instead of a voluntary effort, then I would probably have a different view but this is something that was done voluntarily for the community by other members of the community and to me that is all that counts.

Thanks
Sharan