That's all good, thanks Taher!

I'd really want to close all the remaining tasks related to our migration from Ant to Gradle and to close the parent task OFBIZ-7534 "Migrate OFBiz from Apache Ant to Gradle build system"

After transforming OFBIZ-7963 "Create a Gradle Sonar task" from a OFBIZ-7534
subtask to a main task, remain 2 subtasks

"Migrate the patch management Ant targets
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7962>"

and

Update documentation with respect to implementation of gradle as a replacement of ant
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7677>

The last depends on the 1st because we both need to fix the createComponent
task and then complete the related documentation at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Addressing+Custom+Requirements+In+OFBiz#AddressingCustomRequirementsInOFBiz-PatchManagementUsingGradleTargets

I think it's time to take some decisions and get rid of the past when it
becomes useless.

For that though, I'd like to have the community opinions.

Mine is the 4 targets, to create/apply/reapply/revert patches can be abandoned.
We did not migrate them to Gradle and nobody complained.

Same for the specialpurpose\plugin\patches and subdir created by the
createPlugin task. They are useless w/o the 4 targets above and could be
confusing.

So also the related documentation in wiki can be pruned.

I'm a bit more reluctant for the 4 deployment targets I created in 2014 to supersede the above 4 targets. Those are still existing in the R15.12 branch and we can ever call Ant from Gradle.

So I'll simply document in the page above how to retrieve and use them in
R16.11.01 and future releases based on the R15.12 branch

There is also the runtime\patches dir and its README file. I'll keep them and actually create the documentation I just spoke about using a README.MD file as we do at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/From+Ant+to+Gradle

I'll then close the 2 subtasks and OFBIZ-7534

Jacques