I do that regularly when backporting same in several releases branches at once.

This could also happen when 2 plugins are related, example and exampleext for
instance, ebay plugins also IIRW. And I'm sure in more cases...

I agree on the idea of having separated projects, but I'm not sure how it will
evolve...

Jacques