Hi Taher,

inline...

Am 13.02.17 um 06:33 schrieb Taher Alkhateeb:
Hi Michael, All

All good points, thank you for your thoughts. So a solution that I proposed
in jira to easily manage and maintain our official plugins is to have a
gradle task named for example pullPluginSourceAll which pulls all the
plugins in one shot for testing and development purposes. Maybe we can also
add logic in this task so that it updates already downloaded plugins.
That's a good approach if you want to test plugins/integration within the framework without the need to work on plugin sources under source control, if I understand it right. This should be the default case.

Additionally, I suggest to provide a task which creates the svn:externals file for the case where you want the plugin sources in your project and have them under source control. Or, if we don't want to have such a task in the codebase, provide some documentation on how to achieve this manually.
Maybe there are other good solutions as well.

Else I cannot think of an easy process for a plugin developer to create patches or make commits against the repository without hassle.

I'm sure there are other good ideas as well. My point of emphasis is to
Simply keep the two projects clearly separated, and to avoid relying
directly on tools not embedded within the framework like subversion.
I completely agree on this point and this should be the default. I just think that we should provide some (non default) alternatives or at least how-to's to make it easy for everyone to contribute.
We should think about different types of users and contributors.

Regards,

Michael