Le 13/03/2017 à 11:01, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
Hi Jacques,

You're mixing multiple topics in here as you are discussing both building
and packaging.
Yes, I know I made it on purpose, I also wanted to speak about builds.

With respect to building, the discussion is already taking place in [1],
essentially I suggested to create two build scripts, one for framework and
the other for plugins. I am experimenting with buildbot scripts to see how
can this be done effectively. If you want to continue the discussion then I
suggest to continue on that thread because it has more details.
I'll continue there

As far as packaging is concerned, we don't necessarily need to stick to
semver 2, we can have ecommerce-16.11.01 for example. When we first wrote
the plugin system, I just used what already exists for all maven packages
(semver) but this is not necessarily binding.
OK, seems easier with your history
Finally, I think the discussion about packaging is still a bit early. We
still have problems that need to be solved including:
- Completing and fine-tuning the plugins API for publishing and pulling
- Setting up an ASF based maven repo for our packages

Once the above is done, we can shift our focus to agreeing on a release
strategy on how to handle all the details of release, support, life-cycle,
compatibility, dependency, etc ...
OK let's wait then

Jacques

[1] https://s.apache.org/kerD

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux <