Mmm, I realise my last message is ambiguous.

I mean, should I start a vote?

Without any answers I'll assume it's a lazy consensus

Thanks

Hi,

Without any reactions, and because I believe this is important I'll start a vote

If I get no attention at all, I'll consider this is a lazy consensus and will
enforce this rule in the committers page in wiki

Thanks

To sum up and as a kind of TL;DR, the question is <<should we "force" the committers
to maintain the plugins?>>

Hi,

In recent discussions I wrote

<<I believe committers need now to agree about checking out all plugins and maintaining them as we did before. This must be documented in our policies.>> in <<[DISCUSSION] Plugins: svn:external or Gradle Task?)>> thread

<<It seems to me that if a committer, committing something on the framework, breaks a plugins s/he is also responsible of fixing the plugins issue.>> in <<[proposal] actions to take with plugins>> thread

but got no attention so far.

Beside the last pending technical aspects defined in the <<[DISCUSSION] Proposed Task List for Moving Forward with Gradle and the Trunk>> http://markmail.org/message/6r4qnuu5v2c2aes2

6. Investigate how to create a plugin repository with dependencies clearly
defined, not only on external libraries but also other plugins!
7. Investigate and propose a methodology for maintaining plugins and versioning
compatibility with OFBiz.
8. Investigate and propose a methodology for upgrading plugins within OFBiz

I think we need to agree, not at a technical but political level, about how the
plugins will be maintained, IMO not as second-class citizens!
This is a very important topic because with the trunk split it's already there
and the plugins could suffer from the split.

Thanks