I think starting any vote right now might be a little premature. I list
below what I propose as the logical sequence of steps to take:

- Create a maven repo for OFBiz plugins
- Update the plugins API to be able to pull and push to that repo
- Allow contributors some time to get familiar, fix bugs, and improve the
workflow for plugins
- Separate the builds for the plugins from the builds for the framework and
fix all dependency problems (from framework to plugins)
- Start a thread to discuss the release strategy once all the technical
issues of the plugin system are completed. This would include things like
versioning the plugins, releasing them, where to place them on the website,
how to update them, etc. This is a rather complex topic that requires
further discussion. For example, we release all plugins but the plugin
system allows installing individual plugins. So we might need two releases,
one for all plugins in a compressed archive, and another one in the maven
repository.

So I would suggest not to rush this before we test and fully understand how
the plugin system will work which is going to enforce how we can do things
anyway.

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb