Hi Paul,

The main idea is to avoid confusion, some delete/remove services use expire
pattern and some is used  to delete record. So its not consistent.

We can convert all the remove service (where possible) to expire as you
suggest.

Also we can add fromDate and thruDate where necessary at entity level like
Suraj initiated thread
Proper record maintenance in marketing component
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b80e835df82044394f5076e98fd3463d7b086d6d611618943536c9bd@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E>
Another ticket related to this

Thanks & Regards
--