0.4 CAS-PGE uses AutoDetectProductCrawler now... in the PgeConfig XML file you now just specify directories where you want your crawler to crawl and you configure ingest with the crawler... same as you would for a pushpull staging area... check out this file:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/pge/src/main/testdata/pge-config.xml

It is almost a working example... it still needs the crawler specific properties added to it... see method:
protected ProductCrawler createProductCrawler() throws Exception
in:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/pge/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/cas/pge/PGETaskInstance.java
it has the lists of metadata fields you can set to configure the crawler.
-brian