hey michael,

System.getenv() didn't exist in jdk 1.4 when the code was initially written and
System.getenv(String) was deprecated in jdk 1.4... i believe it was rewritten
and undeprecated in jdk 1.5 and System.getenv() was added... so ya it probably
should be using System.getenv()... a patch with several unit-tests would be
welcomed as far as i'm concerned... chris?

-brian