Alright folks,

Most peope who have been on the list for a while know we moved from the
most static of static websites to Apache CMS a while ago to allow for more
regular updating and maintenance of the website.

Lewis then put a bunch of work into creating a template for the CMS website
and we revamped a lot of the content, but the CMS has a bunch of issues
both in the ease of developing a website and also in maintenance so the
Infra team are retiring it.

My personal opinion(having done some of this in my day job, and discussed
similar on some other ASF projects) is we migrate the website to gitsubpub
and Jekyll.

This will give us the ability to easily stand up the existing website on
our own laptops, or development servers make changes and deploy them. Also
without the templating system that Apache CMS enforces upon you, its  a far
quicker development cycle.

Of course we could just use standard HTML & Javascript, but part of the
reason I'd like to use Jekyll is the fact users can create content using
Markdown syntax instead of HTML and Javascript. Jekyll is a static blogging
platform, so its designed for frequent updating, and as people may have
noticed I've been blogging OODT stuff on my personal blog because the CMS
is a pain to update.

Has anyone got an opinion? It feels like we did stage one which was make
the website easier to update, but stage two is to make the process a lot
easier, and standardised.

Cheers

Tom