Hi,

David when we started SIwpas, OpenEJB/Tomcat integration was not the  right
project for us to contribute. Becuase it needs lots of  customization and also
trimming of  the features like Web Services,  Connectors , JMS etc. Moreover,
at
that time OpenEJB/Tomcat integration  was not so active project as today. For
example, OpenEJB/Tomcat still  does not support Tomcat 7. Working with that
type
of project consumes  lots of time becuase of patching, waiting for accepting,
etc....

When you are not a committer of the project, it is not easy to patch  everthing
and continue to next. While we write SIwpas, we patch other  projects like
OpenEJB, MyFaces, Tomcat, OpenWebBeans etc. It means that  we did not just get
OpenEJB/Tomcat integration and started forking.  SIwpas contains lots of new
things. It has passed OpenWebBeans Web  Profile TCK, and we will start to
certify it as a Java EE Web Profile  Container. SIwpas Web 2.0 administration
console is on the way also.

Anyway, I understood your points but I ensure that you also understand  my
points....

Just my 2 cents

Thanks;

--Gurkan