On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David when we started SIwpas, OpenEJB/Tomcat integration was not the  right
> project for us to contribute. Becuase it needs lots of  customization and also
> trimming of  the features like Web Services,  Connectors , JMS etc. Moreover,
> at
> that time OpenEJB/Tomcat integration  was not so active project as today. For
> example, OpenEJB/Tomcat still  does not support Tomcat 7. Working with that
> type
> of project consumes  lots of time becuase of patching, waiting for accepting,
> etc....
>
> When you are not a committer of the project, it is not easy to patch
> everthing
> and continue to next. While we write SIwpas, we patch other  projects like
> OpenEJB, MyFaces, Tomcat, OpenWebBeans etc. It means that  we did not just get
> OpenEJB/Tomcat integration and started forking.  SIwpas contains lots of new
> things. It has passed OpenWebBeans Web  Profile TCK, and we will start to
> certify it as a Java EE Web Profile  Container. SIwpas Web 2.0 administration
> console is on the way also.
>

> Anyway, I understood your points but I ensure that you also understand  my
> points....
>
> Just my 2 cents

This seems easy to fix.  If you're passionate about the success of the
project and are willing to do those things here, I don't see any
reason you couldn't be a committer right now.

As you point out we could use the help.

Dain was the most recent to take the Tomcat code under his wing and
really took it a level further than its previous version.  It would be
great to have you in there pushing it to the next level.

There's plenty of room for more ideas and hands!

-David