-1

It is a good idea but I think the time is wrong. We have introduced JDBC test
slowness into 2.1 and 2.2 - see OPENJPA-1876 [1] - which is partly responsible
for the long build time. The slowness should be identified and got rid off.

Only after that we should determine which tests are slow by nature and separate
them. Otherwise we risk hiding a problem instead of resolving it.

As for OPENJPA-1876 I spent some hours on it and am still spending when the
time permits but without amazing results. I have recently determined that
DELETE statements are suspiciously slow on Derby but did not have yet time to
compare it with older branches and determine whether it is the cause. Maybe
someone will have better luck.

Cheers,
Milosz

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1876