Hi Albert!
I have no special interrest in maintaining this branch longer as needed. I'm
just a user like anyone else.

The main reason for pushing this release is that the last OpenJPA release was
pretty long time ago and trunk already contains quite a few important
improvements.

In OpenWebBeans and MyFaces we usually only create a new maintenance branch if
there were big new features to be incorporated in trunk. If we know that we
like to do a new heavyweight feature, then we create a branch for 2.2.x and do
the maintenance there. Otherwise we release from trunk because we don't like to
do all the merging stuff if not really needed.

But I'm fine with whatever branching behaviour the OpenJPA community is used to
(just need to know it).

LieGrue,
strub