Mark,

Usually we announce the time frame the release will be cut so that people
can finish the work in progress before the release time. At the mean time,
any outstanding JIRA issues need to be marked accordingly (resolved, closed
etc) per the release doc (
http://openjpa.apache.org/apache-nexus-release-process-12x-21x.html) in
preparation of the release notes. Per Donald's suggestion, TCK verification
should be completed to make sure we are in good standing.

If you don't mind, it would be good to revert the release branched, give
dev folks time to fix any outstanding issues and make sure trunk is
stabilized before cutting the new 2.2.x branch.

Thanks,
Albert Lee.