The command is
ffmpeg -i ../rec_56_stream_2_27_02_2013_20_19_36.flv -vf scale=320:240 -an
frames/ffout%03d.png

ffmpeg was compiled from the sources using this
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide instruction

I can send you flv file(s) I have 7 (created with different client settings)

but the more I'm looking at it the more I believe flv file created with our
stream writer is broken ...

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax