Unfortunately I don't have "best" solution in mind and would like to
discuss possible approaches here.

Historically OM has 2 types of hashes
1) securityHash
2) invitationHash

security hashes are created by OM plugins (for ex.) and allows users of 3rd
party system to login to OM.
On securityHash generation Sessiondata object with created in DB with
userdata stored as XML (in Sessiondata.sessionXml field)
User object will be created as soon as user will use the securityHash (the
user created will be marked as external and will be unable to login since
it has no password)

on invitationHash creation the record is added to the invitation table and
then get used.

So right now we have 2 types of hashes and 3 types of users:
1) OM user
2) external OM users
3) "invitation" users

I always thought all these things need to be generalized. (I really would
like have only 1 hash and user)
pros:
1) user invited once can be added to the users contacts and then selected
from contacts while reinviting
2) every participant of conference will be user

To implement this I would propose to even
1) add type and TTL to the user
2) add special user level
3) maybe anything else

I would vote for adding type, TTL and hash to the user and remove
SessionData and various types of hashes.

Or maybe you have better solution

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax