Hello Sebastian,
I was hoping we can release today/tomorrow?
Maybe we can name our current blockers? (currently there is no unresolved
issues for 2.1)

Separate branch means additional build target, double commits, etc.
I would release in nearest couple of days with no additional branch

what do you think?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax