Hi Dishara,

I don't think you can use RDATE for the implementing recurrences.
For example, it would be impossible to describe an endless recurrence
without untill date at all.

As Maxim already wrote, the main problem is database.

Its structure should allow:

- Create/update/delete recurrence events
- Detect which recurrence instances appears in the given period of time
- Allow to modify all the instances, one instance or a tail of the
instances (the third case is actually optional - AFAIK not all the calendar
applications support this-and-after recurrences, and this case is not
strongly specified in RFC 2445).
- Allow to have recurrence exceptions, i.e. to remove single instance in
the recurrence chain

Additionally, you would need to take into account time zone differences
problems from the very beginning. Say, if user with time zone A invited
user with time zone B to the daily meeting, and DST periods are different
for A and B, it's not trivial how to calculate start time of the events on
each day.

Anyway, I would suggest to start from thinking about the database structure
- how recurrence rules would be stored in the OpenMeetings database and how
they can be queried from there.
It seems like if the event is recurrent, recurrence rules should be stored
in some separate table which does not present currently in OpenMeetings
database.

Best regards,
Irina.