I'd be in favor of implementing a dashboard along the line of the format
being discussed.  But I also think the whole concept/process related to the
creation of "rooms" and user permissions needs some thought.

We really only need one Room Tab.  The display should show whether it's a
Public/(Group or Organization)/Private Room.  The default user permission
should be that the user can create/delete Private Rooms, so add a Create
Room tab to the main dashboard.  The Group Admin user level ( this would be
a new role) can create Group Rooms for the Group.  I'm not sure in this
context whether Public Rooms are necessary.

The Calendar function should then be related to inviting people to already
created rooms.  In this context a user needs to manage who has access to the
room.  In the current UI once a user invites someone to the room and gives
them an endless link there is no way to revoke that access.  So really the
owner of the room needs to be able to pull up a list of invitees and manage
their permissions.

Just a few thoughts.

Joseph Karwat || 415-462-0263 | JellVideo | www.jellnet.com |
JELL NETWORKS, INC.
Enterprise Video Collaboration Solutions

Click Here to Register for your JellVideo Collaboration Account