" believe the higher CPU usage is caused by this line

CachedEvent item = queue.poll(100, TimeUnit.MICROSECONDS);
I'm going to change it
CachedEvent item = queue.poll(100, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS);
and test"

I have commented out this Line 256 in
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/remote/FLVRecorderService.java?view=markup

That attaches the listener to the streams (
stream.addStreamListener(streamListener);)

If you comment out this line none of the custom code that we do
(CachedEvent, event queue, nothing) will be ever called. As the listener is
simply not attached to the stream.

But even then -> You will see the same impact on the CPU. So none of the
above around writing or polling has this impact on the CPU.

So that is why I think it has nothing to do with our implementation.

Sebastian