Cristian, the reference you gave basically uses synset offsets - 1740 is
entity, 1930 is physical entity, etc. However, in YAGO they seems to have
added 100000000 to those offsets.

Synset offset is the fastest way to get into WordNet dictionary, because it
is a direct file offset. Offset alone is not enough though, you also need
POS - part of speech. Speed probably is the reason most people access
WordNet this way. However, offset is not the best "key", especially for
indexing, because offsets change as WordNet evolves. SenseKeys (e.g.
bank%1:14:00::
and bank%1:21:01::) should be more suitable for indexing.

If you're looking to connect with YAGO above, you might do something along
the lines of
....getWordBySenseKey(sensekey).getSynset().getOffset and then add 100000000
to get the YAGO ids.

Aliaksandr

On 9 September 2015 at 09:51, Cristian Petroaca <cristian.petro...@gmail.com