Hi guys

  I should mention how we used DeepLearning4J for the OpenNLP.Similarity
project at

https://github.com/bgalitsky/relevance-based-on-parse-trees

The main question is how word2vec models and linguistic information such as
part trees complement each other. In a word2vec approach any two words can be
compared. The weakness here is that when learning is based on computing a
distance between totally unrelated words like 'cat' and 'fly' can be
meaningless, uninformative and can corrupt a learning model.

In OpenNLP.Similarity component similarity is defined  in terms of parse trees.
When word2vec is applied on top of parse trees and not as a bag-of-words, we
only compute the distance between the words with the same semantic role, so the
model becomes more accurate.

There's a paper on the way which does the assessment of relevance improvent for

word2vec (bag-of-words) [traditional] vs word2vec (parse-trees)

Regards

Boris

[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/1051120?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/bgalitsky/relevance-based-on-parse-trees>

bgalitsky/relevance-based-on-parse-trees<https://github.com/bgalitsky/relevance-based-on-parse-trees>
github.com
Automatically exported from code.google.com/p/relevance-based-on-parse-trees