Separating site and code is not enough. Different code requires different
levels of maintenance, that's why it's better to separate sandbox and
add-ons from trunk too. Sandbox might become outdated or might not compile.
It might have a different test or code coverage criteria. It might allow
warnings on compilation. Such things tends to spread from
unstable\experimental code to cleaner and more stable places. For example,
1 warning stands out and therefore is more likely to be fixed. 5 warnings
from sandbox might easily cloud 6th one from trunk.