On Fri, 2016-08-19 at 18:01 +0200, Aliaksandr Autayeu wrote:
> Separating site and code is not enough. Different code requires
> different
> levels of maintenance, that's why it's better to separate sandbox and
> add-ons from trunk too. Sandbox might become outdated or might not
> compile.
> It might have a different test or code coverage criteria. It might
> allow
> warnings on compilation. Such things tends to spread from
> unstable\experimental code to cleaner and more stable places. For
> example,
> 1 warning stands out and therefore is more likely to be fixed. 5
> warnings
> from sandbox might easily cloud 6th one from trunk.

I usually use different eclipse workspaces for sandbox, addons and
tools. Therefore I never have the issue, also the build is seperate for
them.

We should probably rethinkg this addons thing, if the quality of a
component is good enough to be released with the tools it should just
be part of that repository, if it isn't it should be in sandbox.

Anyway, I believe I can life pretty well with both solutions. Seperate
or all in one.

Because of tooling limitations the folks at infra have they will now
set us up with seperate repositories to start with.

We should figure out what we want and turn it into a decision on how we
set things up.

Jörn