Hi Jörn,

   I think the best entity recognition systems use CRF’s.  At some point we
might want to consider adding them.  As you know, ME classifiers suffer from
label bias problem (see Lafferty et.
al<http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1162&context=cis_papers>.)
 CRF’s deal with that issue.  I believe that perceptrons suffer from the same
problem.  If you think the results are better, I have no problem.  I think that
our long-term goal should be to add a CRF, and make it the default for the
NameFinder.

Daniel